Are you ready to throw the ultimate and totally Pinterest-worthy kids birthday party? Follow these 5 steps to plan the perfect bash:
- Choose a theme: Whether it's superheroes, unicorns or a favorite movie, a theme sets the tone for the party. Get creative with decorations, invitations and even the food. Everything should be cohesive and have a clear theme throughout! Remember: the invitations set the tone! (Check out my Pinterest for some of my favorite kids party themes.
- Plan the activities: Keep the kids entertained with fun games and activities. Pin the braid on Elsa, cactus ring toss, and pirate treasure hunts are always favorites. Don't forget to have prizes for the winners!
- Get the snacks ready: No party is complete without snacks. Think colorful cupcakes, popcorn, fruit skewers and pizza. And don't forget the drinks - juice boxes and soda are always a hit. Suggestion: Play into your theme with your food! Ex. Thor's hammer (pretzel sticks with marshmallow ends), Barnum Animal crackers for a circus theme (check out our Pinterest for our Circus party essentials), or hot dogs and cracker jacks for the baseball lover!
- Make a killer playlist: Get the kids dancing with a playlist of their favorite songs. From the latest pop hits to classic children's tunes, make sure there's something for everyone.
- Don't forget the favors: End the party on a high note by giving each child a party favor to take home. Think goodie bags filled with candy, small toys or even homemade slime (of you're THAT parent).